Is an oculoplastics procedure right for you?
Our top-notch oculoplastics team can treat many medical conditions.
Ptosis, or drooping eyelids
Spasms of the eyelids
Correction of eyelid malposition
Eye socket or eyelid tumors
WHAT RESULTS ARE POSSIBLE?
Oculoplastic surgery treats a wide variety of medical conditions affecting the eyelids, tear ducts, and surrounding areas.
HAVE YOU BEEN TOLD YOU ARE NOT A CANDIDATE FOR OCULOPLASTIC SURGERY?
Georgia Ophthalmologists offers the most advanced oculoplastic treatments. Schedule a consultation to discuss how we can improve your health or enhance your appearance.
From the front office staff, to the technicians and physicians…excellent! This is a “patient-friendly” office! Thank you for providing such great care of us!!!G.A.
Dr. Bigles is the best…He takes very good care of our eyes. The staff is always friendly and very helpful.G.B.
Had cataract surgery. Dr. Bigles was amazing. Please if anyone is worried or scared about cataract surgery just make an appointment with him. He will quiet your fears.N.W.
Dr. Bigles is awesome! His surgical staff is wonderful and they were all very reassuring and supportive when I had my cataract surgery last year. Very caring and compassionate!M.S.
The BEST ophthalmology practice in Georgia! I love all the doctors there and the staff go out of their way to make your experience amazing! I will not trust my vision or my family’s eye care with anyone else!B.A.
Dr. Bigles is the best eye doctor I have ever been to. He patiently and kindly helped me through a very tough time in my life when I had corneal erosions in both eyes. He saved my life when he performed surgery on both eyes. Dr. B you are the best!C.S.
Excellent care. Never was treated so nicely or the same in The Bronx N.Y. Can’t wait for my next appointment. Great job everyone.D.T.
When the day came glasses/contacts were no longer sufficient options, Dr. Bigles assured me Multifocal Lens replacement was the answer. For the first time in my life, I have no glasses, no contacts, colors are more vivid, everything is crystal clear. The gift of sight is priceless.C.M.
Oculoplastics can improve eye health and appearance.
We offer a variety of medical treatments, all performed onsite in our surgical center.
- Lifting the upper eyelids when they obscure vision
- Correction of eyelid malposition, which can lead to pain or tearing
- Decompression of the eye socket for people with inflammation in the eye socket, like Graves disease
- Repair of eye socket trauma
- Treatment of eye socket tumors
- Reconstruction after removal of eyelid and facial skin tumors
- Botox and Xeomin treatment for people with spasms of the eyelids
- Tear drain repair and reconstruction
- Surgical treatments for patients with prosthetic eyes
- Botox / Xeomin for the wrinkles of facial expression
- Restylane / Juvederm fillers for wrinkles and folds that persist even when the face is not in motion
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery for excess skin or “bags” in the upper and lower lid
- Cheek lifting
- Forehead and eyebrow lifting
- Reconstruction after failed cosmetic surgeries, often due to excessive removal of skin or inappropriate eyelid anchoring procedures
- Chemical peeling for the fine wrinkles of the lower eyelids
Before choosing to have any elective surgery, it is essential that you have a comprehensive exam, where your doctor will determine if you are a candidate for the procedure and discuss your options for treatment.
2SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
If surgery is recommended, you’ll schedule an appointment time that works for you, using our easy scheduling system. Plan to have someone drive you to and from the appointment; you’ll discuss during your initial exam how long your surgery will last and your time for post-operative ; recovery.
Oculoplastics covers a variety of surgical procedures treating a number of medical and non-medical conditions. You can discuss with your ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon the details of your particular procedure.
Dr. Joseph Walrath
Dr. Joseph Walrath is a board-certified ophthalmologist and fellowship-trained oculoplastic surgeon, specializing in medical conditions affecting the eye socket, eyelids, tear ducts, and the face. Contact our office to schedule an examination to discuss your medical or non-medical procedure.Book an Appointment